It's all too easy to get bogged down by skincare rules and regulations, so sometimes it's good to get back to the basics. Whether you are a holistic skin care professional or a skincare nerd this list is a good reminder that the skin always knows what it is doing.
1. Creating inflammation is never a rejuvenating event.
2. Look at all "skin events" through the filter that the skin always knows what it is doing.
3. Everything that goes wrong with the skin is caused by toxins, pathogens, or emotions.
4. All forms of hyperpigmentation are forms of protection, so always focus on the source.
5. Acne is always from a purging of toxins so all treatments should be gentle and focused on the source.
6. Aging skin is a combination of volume loss, declining circulation, sunburns, stress, and toxins.
7. Permanent reversal of aging and pigmented skin has to focus on what is missing.
8. Clearing skin conditions is only the first step in your role as a holistic skin professional.
9. Maintaining moist, hydrated skin is a function of a healthy barrier and adequate good lipid intake.
10. There is no separation among organs, so you must spend as much time on health as on skin appearance.