Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating love, so it’s a golden opportunity to embrace you and show yourself a little love in the form of self-care. Of course, we’re talking about skin – loving the skin you’re in. Whether you’re planning Galentine’s or Palentine’s Day festivities, a special date with a special someone, or a cozy night in with a glass of bubbly, hot tea, a chocolate truffle, and a relaxing soak.
Give yourself the gift of simple, but effective skincare treatments that deliver results – show your face some love! The effects will last much longer than roses or flowers – way past February 14. Here are 5 ways we can think of to love your skin like there’s no tomorrow. . .
1. Get glowing with a nourishing facial. Create instant radiance with a European or Naturopathic facial. It nourishes and hydrates your skin with ingredients like hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, peptides, stem cells and omegas. Your esthetician helps products penetrate the skin with gentle facial massage, promoting improved circulation, and helping to flush out toxins. Ahhhhh. Relax and reduce your stress hormones – they’re skin destroyers! A skin nourishing facial is the ultimate Valentine’s present, and you’ll see more glow to show in time for Valentine’s Day.
2. Refine, renew, and refresh with expert exfoliation. See this month’s special treatment offer – a match made in heaven! As we move into winter’s home stretch, there’s no better time to shed dead, dull skin, clear and refine pores, and stimulate new cell production. The result is smoother, brighter, more even skin with diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Glycolic acid peels are always popular this time of year. This all-star alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) from sugar penetrates the skin’s outer layers to remove dead cells and increase new skin cell and collagen production. There’s no downtime and you’ll see improvement immediately. (Note: you may experience light peeling for a day or two after your treatment.) For maximum results, schedule regular glycolic peels treatments in a series.
Another fast results treatment for glowing skin is microdermabrasion which has been resurfacing skins since the 1980s. (check out our dynamic DUO microderm/glycolic special this month!) The hand-held device employs fine crystals to loosen dead cells and then suctions them up. Our estheticians can tailor the treatment for each zone of your skin.
Tip: For best results, follow exfoliation with a nourishing face mask.
3. Use a face mask weekly. And speaking of masks, if your skin is on the drier side, opt for a moisturizing mask that contains glycerin or hyaluronic acid such as our EB Advanced Peptide Hydration Mask. For blemish prone or oily skin conditions, our Herbal Complex Mask , with detoxifying clay. Sensitive skins or those with couperose conditions will benefit from soothing and cooling Euro Clinicals Cucumber Anti-Couperose Mask. Mix it up with an exfoliating mask treatment (Pineapple Enzyme Peel) And don’t forget the sheet masks! Sheet masks are always appropriate, and are quick and easy to use.
4. Commit to a regular skincare routine. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Cleanse and moisturize. Exfoliate once a week. Add a serum and toner when you’re ready. Try skin cycling, the Tik Tok trend that’s actually based in science. Or better yet, book an appointment with one of our student estys for a complete skin diagnosis, treatment facial, and homecare product recommendations. Winter will turn the corner to spring before you know it. Will your skin be ready?
5. See your skin as part of the bigger picture of health. Getting adequate sleep, staying hydrated (water, water!), seeking out healthy eating alternatives whenever you can and getting moderate exercise are things that women with great skin always do. Don’t try to incorporate them all at once, pick one or two and slowly work them into your life until they become habits.
Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to dedicate the month of February to showing yourself some love. Take time to appreciate the connection between body, mind, and spirit – the unique and beautiful you. Pamper yourself with treatments to enhance what you love and what’s working, and to address what isn’t.
Book an appointment with our student professionals to diagnose your skin, get a treatment and recommend a homecare plan for the 14th and beyond. Giving yourself the gift of skincare services is one of the best ways to say I love you – to you!